Monday, July 26, 2010

1. Recommended - Term Insurance

Here's why I personally recommends Term Insurance
  • [Buy Term and Invest the Rest] If I can set aside $100 - 200 / mth for insurance cum investment, I'll prefer to get a term insurance with critical illness coverage (add-on) at least till age 65. The cost now may be higher than short term 5 / 10 years plan but in the long run, it's more value for money. If possible, I'll love to get a term insurance plan that coverage till age 99 so that I know that I won't need to worry for the rest of my life. Then I'll use the rest of the money to invest in stocks and shares or even property. As the best possible returns actually comes from stocks or property investment, provided you know how to invest in them. If you are not sure about how to invest in that, you may want to educate yourself. Alternatively, you can also invest in mutual funds / unit trust using the balance of the money.
  • If possible, get a female / male specific rider (add-on) to protect yourself in the occurrence of gender specific illness.
  • As for how to have invest the rest of the funds that you are willing to set aside, just keep it in an account and invest in your desired investment every time you have about $1000. For unit trust investment, after the 1st $1000 is invested, you should be able to set a monthly or quarterly investment amount for automated investment. 
In my next post, I'll be sharing about MediShield Insurance.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment