Saturday, October 2, 2010

POSB Everyday Card - How to Save $ with it?

The new POSB Everyday Card has a auto top up feature that's something like the CitiBank SMRT card. Just that from experience, last time when I use the SMRT card from CitiBank, actually it totally didn't give me any rebate because I spend merely $50 using that feature only. So in the end, after 1 use, I decided to just terminate that card since it's quite pointless anyway, I heard that you need to spend at least $600 to get the 2% rebates. And if I remember correctly, there's some activation fee or something that comes along with it.

Now, with the new POSB Everyday Card, it's truly a money saving card that gives me the same 2% rebates without any condition at all. That's what I love about POSB Everyday Card :)

Fyi, Effectively the 2% rebates is just 2% less $0.25 only. So it's not exactly 2%. But it's definitely worth your time activating the feature because you will save money using that. Most importantly, you won't need to top up your ezlink card ever again. Why not save $ and time at the same time with it? That kills 2 birds with 1 stone :P

I've also come to realised that actually it's better to accumulate the Daily$ till it reaches about $10 - 20. Then use internet banking to offset your bills with it. This way, you get to enjoy all the potential rebates from anything that you ever spend on and yet get to use your Daily$ to offset your bill. But of course, you must do that early 'cos generally, it can only offset your next bill that way.

See also: How to Activate POSB Everyday Card's Ez link feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment