Monday, October 25, 2010

Comments on: Wing Tai's AGM



Today, I'm the proxy to attend Wing Tai's AGM but then I was about 15 mins late so, it's actually over LOL. Well the AGM is actually held at Raffles City Atrium Convention Centre. Amazingly, the AGM lasted about 10mins according to the chairman. What I can guage from the AGM is that they are very successful in coaxing their shareholders in terms of their needs. Most of them are not young and they seems to be mainly there for the food. Probably 'cos those young ones didn't bother to attend AGM as what I used to do as well.

What I can say is that the chairman is pretty responsive when I ask him questions as he is able to answer my questions almost immediately. Just that he doesn't feel very comfortable answering them. Hence, my conclusion is that either the Chairman and board of directors are very competent so their shareholders gave them 100% trust and thus didn't ask any questions at all, or the shareholders that attended are really there just for the food and they can't be bothered about their investments at all.

My take is that I'm pretty glad that I'm only a proxy and didn't have any shareholdings there. After all, if the crowd is not that concerned, I felt very concerned somehow. In fact, it sort of reminded me about the Eastern Holdings' AGM that I went to the last time round, just that I'm the only one that asked questions and hence, the overall meeting was a bit longer. Now, I'm quite glad that I've already sold all my holdings in Eastern Holdings as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment