Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lesson from One Up On Wall Street


I'm still reading the book - "One Up on Wall Street" by Peter Lynch. My progress isn't exactly very fast as it feels like I really need to just sit down and read my books in order to have more take away lessons learned from the various books that I had read so far.

So the main lesson I learned from this one was that we should open our eyes bigger and observe the little things that's happening around us. Because any common person on the street can actually spot a good company at a much faster rate than the big investment firms, provided we are observant enough to spot them.

With this interesting fact and lesson learnt, I suddenly had this idea of looking up the company behind the things that I liked and enjoy and see how it goes from there. :) I can't help but think that I really had neglected this blog again for quite sometime and hope to be able to keep up once again. Let's hope this really works out.

It's like me and one of my best friends enjoyed shopping at Robinsons or John Little Sale. In fact the both of us had the Robinson's credit card, we will receive the mailer on their sales and will visit their sale at least 3-4 times a year. So I went to look up for Robinson's share only to discover that they are delisted in Jun 2008. Read more on that Channel News Asia Article.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete